Sunday, May 29, 2005

Back to the business at hand

It seems that my dear friend "Uber" has gotten another couple to host the co-ed shower. I am sooo happy. I really wasn't able to deal with it. I am struggling to feel happy for her instead of just feeling bitter and jealous about our situation.

One wise RESOLVE warrior woman told me that she really tries to separate her IF from other women's successes. She said - it's not like some women's abilities to get and stay pregnant is directly related to our inability to do so. She's right, they aren't taking our babies away (at least, I don't think there's a shortage) . . . but I still struggle with it. I have an easier time cheering the pregnancies of my previously IF sisters (many of whom are merely cybersisters, at that) than I do that of some of my closest friends. Well, I never said I was a great person. But I'm working on it.

On with the struggle . . .

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger K|nneret said...

I'm glad this worked out for you! SOmetimes we need to put ourselves first - that's ok, you know. *hugs*

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Michelle M. Nebel said...

Oh, I have been there, too!!! It sounds like you handled the shower-hosting-extrication problem well. And you made a great point that there's not a shortage (so far!)... but it's still hard to cheer on the uber-fertiles among us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home