Monday, June 06, 2005

The Sisterhood

Rather than posting my typical complaints about my RE/RN/ friends/ cysts, etc, I thought it would be a good time to begin a mini-series on things that I am thankful for about infertility (IF). Yep, you read that right -- I have actually gained some really worthwhile and life changing experiences from IF and I am actually thankful for many of them.

The Sisterhood -- Yesterday, I was fortunate to join five remarkable women for brunch. They are intelligent, funny, strong, smart and brave women, who want nothing more than to be mothers. We met because we all frequent the Resolve online bulletin board and one of us organized a get-together in our area. (I had attended a similar gathering of Resolve women in my area a few months ago). It was refreshing to meet women from different walks of life, who are going through the same experiences as I am. (It's always nice to know that you are not only - not alone but that there are women out there, who will support other women whom they've never met just because they share a common bond.)

From a treatment perspective, we are all in different places. With my one failed IUI cycle, I have received the fewest treatments of any member of the group. But despite many failed cycles among us, everyone remained levelheaded, optimistic about family building (one way or another), good natured and self-assured. I have found that all of us possess a strength and fortitude that we never knew we had. I am thankful that IF has allowed me to offer and receive support and encouragement from such an incredible group of women, be they the sisters whom I've met in person or my many cybersisters across the country. IF is truly a life-altering experience and I am honored to be in such esteemed company.

I want to say a special thank you to the regular visitors to my little blog. It really warms my heart that you take the time to read my rantings. Good luck to you in your journey.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Dramalish said...

Yep,
The people we "meet" in IFLand make the journey bareable.
Good luck, Chee Chee!
You always keep my chin up when I need it. Hope your RE gets on the ball soon.
-D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home