Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Another Pregnancy and Seven Things

Another week, another pregnancy . . . this time it's my cousin. After taking Depo Provera for 5 years, she and her family relocated to Florida and she missed a month (maybe a month and a half) of her birth control patches. Lo and behold, she visited the doctor last week b/c she had an ongoing upset stomach (she's always had an irregular cycle, so she didn't think much of that) and discovered that she was 10 weeks (now 11 weeks) pregnant with Opps, baby #2. Fortunately, she, her hubby and their 5 year old daughter are doing fine, so all is well. I just find it hard to believe that I am actually RELATED to this person. Our reproductive histories couldn't possibly be more different. Oh, well.

Moving on . . . Donnie challenged me to do the "Seven Things" meme. Thanks hun! It's always nice to feel included. So here goes:

7 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die:

1. See the world -- I know it's a tall order but I've never been to South or Central America, Africa, Scandanavia or the Far East. I'd love to see as much of the world as possible.

2. Go back to school and study psychology or social work. This lawyer gig is not for me. I really see myself with a little counseling practice, working with real people.

3. Buy our dream house.

4. Retire young.

5. Be a grandma.

6. Establish a scholarship fund.

7. Run a marathon

Things I CAN Do:

1. Quilt/Sew
2. Scrapbook
3. Bake
4. Listen attentively
5. Dance (in a "do your own thing" kinda way, not in a Tango, Salsa kinda way)
6. Pump iron
7. Keep a secret

Things I CANNOT Do:

1. Sing (I can't carrry a tune)
2. Play a musical instrument
3. Speak before a large group of people
4. Be completely spontaneous
5. Draw/paint
6. Accept most things at face value
7. Overcome my allergies

Things That Attract Me to the Opposite Sex

1. Tall
2. Skinny
3. Intelligence
4. Sense of Humor
5. Kindness
6. Nice buns (probably should have been #1)
7. Warm smile

Things I Say Most Often:

1. Like
2. Whatever
3. I just don't know.
4. Dude
5. Move It, Move It, Move It (in a drill sargent voice)
6. We'll see.
7. Perhaps, maybe

Celebrity Crushes

1. Jude Law
2. Brad Pitt (although the divorce from Jennifer Anniston has really disappointment me).
3. Boris Kodjoe
4. Henry Simmons (NYPD Blue!)
5. Orlando Bloom
6. Shamar Moore
7. Carter Oosterhouse (carpenter - Trading Spaces)

People I Want to Do This:

Hmmm, I think most people have done this by now. Maybe, I'll just throw it out to anyone who is interested in sharing a little more about yourself.

And as always, thanks for your comments. Your support means so much to me.

5 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry that you are having such problems concieving. it can be a long road. especially when it seems like everyone else(unexpectedly) gets pregnant before you. i hope you can concieve very soon.lots of hugs.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I understand when everyone around you is pregnant. Sucks.

I did the "7 things" and posted it on my blog. Fun, thanks.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about yet another pregnancy announcement. It never rests does it?
I still have a soft spot for Brad myself. I can't help it, it goes too far back. Watched "Troy" this weekend - yummalicious!

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fertiles... they are so innocent and have no idea how much sadness they can inspire.

I think it's cool that you can dance in your own groove thang kind of way.

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Janice Still and i would like to show you my personal experience with Depo-Provera.

I am 24 years old. I have been on Depo for 9 years and did not realize that the symptoms I experienced might be related to the shot. I am now facing thousands of dollars in dental work due to bone density loss, and will probably end up with osteoporosis. I am getting off Depo and will never touch it again!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Low libido, joint pain, bone density loss, dental problems, headaches, fatigue, out of control eating, gained 40 lbs., depression

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Janice Still

 

Post a Comment

<< Home