Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Few Words

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the residents of the Gulf Coast, who have been affected by the devastaing impact of Hurricane Katrina. I hope that all will safely reunite with their families, friends and neighbors and begin the process of rebuilding their lives.

David and I will, of course, not be taking our scheduled Labor Day trip to New Orleans. Instead, we will be traveling to Texas to visit David's family, as a close relative has recently suffered a stroke. Sadly, family and doctors are not optimistic of the prospects for her recovery. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Finally, thanks for all of your words of encouragement. It is with your support that I am able to continue this journey.

6 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Have a safe trip to Texas.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Larisa said...

Travel safely. I hope your visit goes as well as possible.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Safe journey Chee Chee and my thoughts are with your family member.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger April said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Mony said...

Thinking of you Chee Chee. Hope things are going okay xxx

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger K|nneret said...

Thinking of you, Cheech. I hope your appointment goes well ... the 16th? Or was it changed to the 9th? If it was, please post your update - I've been anxious to hear more from you. Here's to good news, for once.

I hope your relative is doing better and so sorry your trip was cancelled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home