Thursday, August 18, 2005

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 35th birthday. I am extremely fortunate to have a great husband and a loving family. My mom flew into town last week to spend time with me. She has been cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, folding, etc. ever since. Today mom and I are going out for a nice lunch in honor of my birthday. I also have many good friends, who have stopped by, called or emailed with well wishes. And of course, I have you, my cybersisters, who have sent warm wishes and words of love, encouragement and wisdom. I appreciate you all so much.

On the less than positive side, I have a work situation that, with two pretty high profile resignations, has seemed to become more tenuous over the course of the past few weeks. This may be one of those situations that ultimately leads to a positive result, by causing me to aggressively seek a more stable (and, actually, more fulfilling and enjoyable) employment arrangement, rather than remaining at my current job, which has gotten tedious and boring.

And, of course, there is the very significant fertility situation. With the severity of my endo (and, not to mention, my age), we obviously have a limited window to begin the IVF process. We will have to decide whether to stick with my current RE (Dr. L) or to change to another RE (Dr. Fabulous) in the same practice. I have met a few women through the Resolve Bulletin Board and a Resolve Peer Group potluck, who speak very highly of Dr. Fabulous. So I am interested in making a change. But I am not sure of the politics of making such a move at this point. Dr. NHB has offered to call an RE at Ginormous Fertility Clinic (presumably, Dr. L) and inform them of his assessment from the laparoscopy, but who will he call if we change REs now? Maybe we should visit Dr. Fabulous and then have Dr. NHB give him a call. Is a change within a practice (even a large one) awkward? In addition, we will require insurance approval, IVF injection training/orientation, etc. So, I am not sure how long it will take for us to get started.

Also, David and I have scheduled a much needed Labor Day trip to New Orleans. I am extremely excited to have a nice break from everything but I am concerned that this will postpone our treatment cycle by a month. This is not great. I am not sure what the lab cleaning schedule is at Ginormous and I don't know if a one month postponement may cause us to lose two months or more. I hope that we can get started soon and allow ourselves the possibility of, at least, two IVF cycles before another lap would be necessary.

So here we are - moving ahead . . . making a wish and blowing out a ton of the candles.

10 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger lucky #2 said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope that all of your birthday wishes come true this year!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Rooshie said...

Hey- just catching up on the last few posts and WOW- your surgery... I'm glad to read you are OK.
You said you were intimidated by IVF, so just let me say: I was too, and I didn't think I could EVER do it, it seemed so huge, but you do it just like you do anything else- one step at a time. If your clinic is worth a damn they give you the guidance you need.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Chee Chee! I hope that the upcoming year brings you much joy, including a healthy pregnancy.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Larisa said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you are able to get going with the IVF. I've not done the doctor switcheroo, so no advice there. I do have to say a more stable, interesting job sounds good though.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Happy Birthday!! And yes, may this coming year bring all happiness and success.
LET THIS BE THE YEAR, YO!

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all your dreams and birthday wishes come true. You're in my thoughts.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweetie. I say see the doctor you feel most comfortable with. They're big boys and girls, they can deal with it.

Re the trip, take it. I'm realising that this process is one long delay after another. Ironic given we're all desparately trying not to get older at the same time. haha. Take the trip, the extra month in the end won't make that much difference, but the trip will be fun.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jamila said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I'd agree that unless you switch clinics you are bound to run into your old doctor even if you switch to the new one. Maybe just let them know what your preference is? I'm glad you are aware of all the good people in your life who care about you, its all too easy to feel alone. You've got a lot going on. Take that vacation and don't feel guilty about it.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger April said...

I'm late with the birthday wishes - but still wanted to say that I hope your birthday and the coming year are filled with love, laughter, health and wealth.

Unbelievable what you had to go through recently - my heart goes out to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home