Thursday, June 09, 2005

Does anyone want to play Tag?

Internal Spring tagged me with these two memes:

TAG ONE:
Finish the four bookish statements and pass it on.

1) Total number of books owed - several hundred, too many to count.
2) Last book I bought (2) - The Infertility Cure and the Infertility Survival Handbook.
3) Last book I read (2) - I am currently reading the Infertility Survival Handbook and listening to The Skeleton Man in my car.
4) 5 books that mean a lot to me - To Kill a Mockingbird, Tar Baby, Angela's Ashes, Giovanni's Room and The Poisonwood Bible.

Pick five of the lives below and write about them. Then add one of your own and pass it on.

IF I COULD BE A POLITICIAN: I'd do everything in my power to make this country a more equitable place. I would support early childhood education programs, universal health care, aid to the poor and other liberal causes. I'd work to defeat corporate welfare and tax breaks to the wealthy.

IF I COULD BE A PHOTOGRAPHER: I'd photograph people. I'd try to capture their essence through my art. I'd seek out different types of people, in far-reaching parts of the world, particularly those who are rarely photographed, like the poor and the disenfranchised and bring their plight to the forefront.

IF I COULD BE A PSYCHOLOGIST: I'd help people deal with the struggles of daily life like depression, infertility and loss. I'd work with people who are seeking joy and peace in their daily lives.

IF I COULD BE A MUSICIAN: I would be a singer/rapper like Gwen Stefani or the woman in the Black Eyed Peas. I have always told my law school friends that if I had any musical talent at all, I would never have met them. I know this is really shallow but I think it would be cool to do music videos and wear cool outfits and have others around to do my hair and makeup.

IF I COULD BE A CIRCUS PERFORMER: I'd be a trapeze artist. I'd fly through the air with the greatest of ease, performing death-defying stunts. I'd enjoy the roar of the crowd and the thrill of entertaining others.

The rest of the list for those who accept this mission is: SCIENTIST, FARMER, MUSICIAN, DOCTOR, PAINTER, GARDENER, MISSIONARY, CHEF, ARCHAEOLOGIST, ARCHITECT, LINGUIST, PSYCHOLOGIST, LIBRARIAN, ATHLETE, LAWYER, INNKEEPER, PROFESSOR, WRITER, LLAMA-RIDER, BONNIE PIRATE, SERVICE MEMBER, BUSINESS OWNER, ACTOR, AGENT, VIDEO GAME DESIGNER, PHOTOGRAPHER, CIRCUS PERFORMER, SPY, FASHION DESIGNER, HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT AGAIN, MODEL, POLITICIAN, SERIAL KILLER, HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR, MOVIE PRODUCER OR ACUPUNCTURIST.

If there is anyone lurking out there, choose one or both tags and let me know a little bit about you! Also, I tag a few of my favorite bloggers to play along and give us their answers on their blogs -- the fabulous and pregnant Life's Bright Chaos and The Road, sports and Russell Crowe fan extraordinaire BabyQuest and finally any members of the The Grateful Distraction Book Club seeking additional distraction.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger K|nneret said...

Ack!! OK, I finally have Internet again (YAY!!) so I will attempt to do this soon. And thankee kindly for the props!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home