Friday, June 10, 2005

And the two shall become four . . .

I finally received a voicemail from RE. Taking the advice of Kinneret, I left a message with the operator, who sent RE an internal email (she claims he doesn't have voicemail). A mere 36 hours later, RE called me (last night at 9:30pm) and unfortunately, I missed the call. He indicated on the voicemail that I, in fact, had FOUR cysts (not TWO as RN had indicated at last u/s, or so I thought) and he suspects that at least one may be an endometrioma. He suggests that if the cysts-gone-wild (and their children) are still present on day 3 of my cycle (Sunday), he would recommend that we do a laparascopy.

Finally! I believe that I probably should have had a laparascopy prior to doing IUI#1. I think I have had symptoms of endometriosis for about 20 years now, so it is time to take a look and see what's really going on in here. I know that the endometrioma and endometriosis are not the same thing but I also know that there is no way to diagnosis the presence of endometriosis without doing a lap. So I think the lap may kill two birds with one laser! Also, what's up with the fibroids? Can we do a total internal clean up job and get ready for action?!?!?

Anyhow, it looks like another cycle, without an IUI, may be underway but at least we can maybe make some progress . . .

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Here's to progress.
Each step forward is inching us nearer to motherhood.
I'll be checking in again soon to see how things are going.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger K|nneret said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called you back!!!!!! And you're moving forward!!! I am SO delighted that you're finally going to see some action. Keep us posted on your date for lap?
Oh, and I answered your meme stuff. Ack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home