Friday, May 05, 2006

Negative

With respect to medical treatment, isn't negative supposed to have positive connotations? I guess, it simply means the absence of, the absence of cancer, the absence of HIV, the absence of baby. It doesn't seem to fit, does it?

The RE's office called David about an hour or so ago (we've decided that he will be the contact person for all results.) He then called and gave me the bad news. I can't say that I'm surprised that the IUI didn't work. With one partially blocked tube, our chances were slight. Also, I'd begun feeling the onset of AF symptoms earlier this week. So no surprises, just disappointment.

It would have been nice to leave the needles, the monitoring and just the whole damn rollercoaster behind us. You know, to just settle in and look forward to a sweet little baby. . . This time around, it just wasn't to be.

Supernurse called last Tuesday (Apr. 25th) and gave me the details of our "Plan B" protocol. She followed up shortly thereafter with an email. (I guess my RE figured we were a long shot for a successful IUI too. ) So I now wait for day 1 (anytime now) and begin my three week course of BCPs on day 4. Then we are back to Follistim and Menopur (higher doses of both) with Ganirelix (Antagon) thrown in for good measure. Our tentative retrieval date is June 16th. Let's hope we make it there this time around.

17 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I am SO sorry that this cycle didn't work out for you. June 16 retrieval sounds really good, hopefully the new protocol will mean that you do actually get there!!!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Well damn. I'm sorry this didn't work, even if it was a long shot. How wonderful it will be when you can really put all this behind you and just look forward.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger MoMo said...

Chee Chee, I am so sorry this didn't work. We always want to hope even though you knew that the chances were slim. I know that this cycle was very hard and emotional, a different outcome would have been a joy. I've been thinking about you and I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Chee - you sound so good for having just gotten another negative. I don't know if it ever gets easier, but I'm glad that you have your Plan B to move forward with. I'm thinking and hoping that the second time is the charm.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger lucky #2 said...

Thinking of you today....

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger ak1908 said...

I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work out the way we'd all hoped. I just emailed you! ((((hugs))))))))

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Sorry for the negative result.
Having a plan B in place takes a little of the sting away.
Will follow your next cycle hoping for a positive result.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Looking forward is good. I am sorry for your disappointment with this cycle. Take care of yourself.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Chee Chee, I am sorry to hear that the IUI didn't work. Here's hoping that IVF will be that magic to make you a mommy! I wish you a very plentiful cycle!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jamila said...

I'm sorry, Chee Chee. All best wishes for Plan B.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger K|nneret said...

I'm sorry, Cheech. *hugs*. I know you were emotionally prepared but Hope is a mean biotch sometimes.

I'm glad Supernurse has her stuff together and you guys are ready for the next step.

*hugs*

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry chee chee. No matter how much you expect it, it's always miserable to get that negative result.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have a love/hate relationship with the stupid plan B. I wish plan A would quit being such a tease and just WORK.

You're in my thoughts.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

I'm sorry Chee Chee.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger GLouise said...

Sorry to hear about this. I can relate to the "poor response" stuff, too.

Wishing the best for your next cycle!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger beagle said...

I am so sorry. It just plain sucks.

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Chee Chee. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that the IUI didn't result in a pregnancy. I'm hoping and praying that the updated protocol will result in better news at the end of June.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home