Thursday, March 30, 2006

Back on Track

I can’t believe that I met with Dr. L just yesterday and now we have been given the go ahead to start treatment. Since my old nurse left, Dr. L has assigned me to Supernurse. She is awesome! She was informative and professional without being condescending. She answered my questions promptly, both those I asked in person and the emails that I sent after I arrived at my office (I’m a bit anxious). And today, she confirmed that I have been approved to begin stimming on either April 10th or 11th, assuming all goes well with suppression. (I cannot imagine that suppression will be a problem given that I have been taking birth control pills continuously since October to curb the painful effects of endo!)

She has email my complete schedule. Here it is:
OK. That didn't work. I can't copy the table that she sent me.
I'll just tell you -- We start Lupron on Sunday (4/2) and stop taking the pill on 4/4. We continue taking Lupron until day 2 or 3. On day 2 or 3, we go in for baseline u/s and bloodwork (approx. around 4/10 or 4/11). At which point, we will be given the green light to begin stimming (follistim and menopur). She has estimated a possible trigger date of 4/21 and egg retrieval around 4/23. Hopefully, I'll have eggs to retrieve (A BIG HOPEFULLY THERE SINCE I'VE BEEN ON THE PILL FOR SO LONG. BY NOW MY OVARIES MAY BE COMATOSED!!!) and 3 or 5 days later, we will have embryos to transfer. I know there are alot of "ifs" and "hopefullys" in this paragraph 'cause as all good infertiles know, the road to mommydom is laden with pitfalls and disappointments.

With the pessimism aside, I can’t believe that we are on track to begin! I got a call from Ginormous’ finance office and was told that our old approval for insurance coverage for two IVF tries is still valid but expires on April 1st. The finance person informed me that she will call my insurance company and request that the coverage be extended. She said that it shouldn't be a problem at all!

OH MY GOD! Could we possibly be pregnant by the end of APRIL!!! Please let this work . . . please let this work . . . please let this work . . .

11 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - now that you're back, it seems you're moving along so quickly. I know there are so many "ifs" but I am hoping everything goes well for you.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back. I hope that April brings nothing but good news for you!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Nico said...

That's so close! And I'll chant with you - Please let this work . . . please let this work . . . please let this work . . .

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Yay, you're back! I have a new blog, and I'm adding you back to my list of fellow travelers. That's in the bigger sense, since I was never an IVF'er. Sounds like the break was just the thing you needed.

Donna
formerly Words to Live By

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Welcome back. It seems you're roaring to go and the break has done you good.
Fingers crossed for this cycle!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Dramalish said...

CheeChee!!!
So glad you are back! I'm so excited for your upcoming cycle. I'm behind you, and praying for your success.
:)
-D.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Fantastic that you are back, I missed you! I do hope that this cycle is it - I too have the fear of comatose ovaries, and will be a week behind you. Let's see what happens...

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I have everything crossed for you.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Jamila said...

You're really jumping right back into it! Wishing you the very best of luck with everything this cycle.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger MoMo said...

Hi..I just stumbled on your blog. I just want to say good luck with the IVF...I hope it all goes well.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger ak1908 said...

Chee Chee,
WOW- a lot has changed since you were last posting regularly. I am sooooo hoping this is the cycle for you. We might be cycle buddies:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home