Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad, bad blogger.

But I'd like to thank all of you, who continue checking in on me, despite my long absence. You are truly a phenomenal group of women and I sincerely hope that great things lie ahead for each and every one of you.

Also, I'd like to congratulate all of you who are now either pregnant, actively pursuing adoption or have become moms! I am so happy that things are working out for so many of you.

As for me, it's been a rocky ride. Oct. and Nov. were awful months. I was tested for every ailment under the sun. They. found. nothing. Just endo. I lost 20 pounds. I skipped work. I took painkillers. We cancelled our IVF cycle. In Dec. and Jan., I went away for a few weeks and visited my parents. They live outside of the US and were very concerned about my health. While staying with my folks, I sat on my butt and did nothing. I was literally waited on hand and foot. I even visited my parents' holistic doctor. I slowly began feeling better. I returned to the States, hubby and work in late January. I am still not 100% (taking pain meds a few times a week) but I am probably as good as I'm gonna get.

So today I returned to Dr. L's office to pursue IVF. Because I've been on continuous BCPs since October, I may actually be able to begin Lupron injections on Sunday! WOW! Our tentative schedule (assuming that I am able to stim after being on BCPs for so long and everything goes smoothly) would have us doing ER and ET before the end of April. It's totally unbelievable.

But yes, we are ready to move forward and hopefully, there is a little baby (or 2) waiting at the end of the road for us. And somehow, I feel more at peace about this whole baby business. I'm not crying about it. I can happily embrace my friends' babies. I think I am in a much better place. So thank goodness for that.

9 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Welcome back, Chee Chee! I am so glad to hear that you're feeling better, both physically and mentally. And that you get to start an IVF cycle so soon. I will be pulling for you 1000%!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Welcome back Chee Chee. Great to hear that you are feeling so much stronger and so positive. Keep focussing on those little babies!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Hi Chee Chee, I only ever lurked before, glad you're back and have a new plan!

It's great that you took some time out.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back and feeling better and moving forward.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger ak1908 said...

Chee Chee,
I have also been a bad blogger, but I've checked your blog at least once a week hoping that you would come back and let us know how you were doing. I am glad to know that you are in a better place also. I also went into hiding from June (right after the m/c) to Monday of this week. I've lurked three or four times since then on the Resolve board, but that's it. DH and I are starting again next cycle and I knew that I would need a strong support system. I hope that you will stick around and let us know how you are doing!!! Welcome back doll!
April

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chee Chee, it's great to hear from you again; welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear about how hard the past several months have been for you, and I wish you all the best as you head into your IVF cycle.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm so sorry it's been such a hard time for you but I am so glad to hear you're feeling more peaceful.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jamila said...

oh chee chee! I'm so happy to see you back! I'm sorry you had a rough few months, but glad that you are feeling better about things now.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger P. said...

Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home