Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ready, Set, GO!

At 4:40 pm I got the call that this cycle is a go! I was instructed to begin Follistim and Menopur last night and Follistim and Lupron this morning. We are to continue this regiment until Thursday, when we go back to Ginormous for our ultrasound and bloodwork to see if we are making any process.

So at 4:45 I raced out of my office to pick up my meds. (I know, I know, why did I wait for the last minute? Honestly, a part of me felt that we'd never get to the stims, so why spend the money.) Well, the pharmacy closes at 5pm and when I arrived at about 4:56, the doors were already closed. I wasn't sure what to do. Call Supernurse and tell her we'd have to start a day late? Ask if she'd call the prescription in to another pharmacy? Frankly, at 5pm I wasn't sure that I'd be able to catch her either.

I did the one thing that I could think of, I tried the door and it opened! Two of the ladies at the pharmacy clearly weren't pleased to see me and didn't even acknowledge my presence. (This is a very small pharmacy located in the same building as Ginormous and the clock on their wall said 5:03 pm.) Fortunately, a third lady, who was very nice, greeted me, took my name and located my big bag o’ drugs on the shelf. She also retrieved my Follistim from the refrigerator and offered me an ice pack to keep the Follistim cool. Within minutes, she rang me up and I was in my car.

I did my shots last night and this morning (accidentally stabbing myself in the finger with the used Follistim needle, while attempting to discard it).

And yes, stumbling out of the blocks, we are on our way.

11 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on your way! I hope and pray that the drugs will treat you kindly and that you will have some happy news to share with us in a few weeks.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger MoMo said...

Chee Chee...Yeah! I am very excited for you guys! I hope the drugs/shots will have minimal side effects. And I will be checking on you regulary to find out your progress. Hoping for some good news the next couple of weeks.

Also, I am glad the pharmacy worked out and you didn't need to call supernurse!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Quite exciting to be moving forward again. Good luck!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Keep us posted as things roll along, okay? Hoping for the very best for you...

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

Oh jeez, and I've got all of this Menopur in my basement - I think it's still good, is it too late to offer it? It may be too late to be good, but if it's not and you want some, it's your's.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Great, cycle underway things will really speed up now.

First date with dildo cam will be here before you know it!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jamila said...

Yay for getting on your way!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I'm so glad you found the nice lady to give you your drugs. It really irks me when places close earlier than they supposed to - it's actually the reason we got Neflix instead of going to the Blockbuster store!

Sending good egg-growing thoughts your way!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Donna said...

One step forward is all it takes to begin...even if you do trip while doing it.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you are on your way! Even if it was a close call with the meds. Good luck with the upcoming cycle. I'm hoping for the best for you.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good luck with this cycle! You are on the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home